India has become the 5th largest economy in the world, but ~360 million are “poor” (using Government metrics), and 145 million live below the poverty line. This inequity is unacceptable. About 3.4% of our annual budget or 0.28% of the income of the top 1% of our population would lift and could bring everybody above the poverty line, however, this is complex and we need the best of human intellects to be focused on solving it.
India will continue to add 1 million to its workforce every month for the next 15 years, most of whom come from impoverished backgrounds. Our growing economy with a massive skill deficit provides a real opportunity for them to escape the cycle of poverty, through gainful employment but imparting livelihood training is proving to be insufficient.
The/Nudge Foundation focuses on sustainable poverty alleviation. The/Nudge Foundation is a collective initiative of some of India's best leaders and entrepreneurs, with a dream to see a poverty-free India within our generation.
Our goal is to pull 1 million people sustainably out of poverty.
The Spirit of The/Nudge:
Honesty towards our purpose | Empathy towards others | Continuous innovation | Focused on scale | Impatience towards our goals
At The/Nudge you will:
- Develop a national strategy and design to target the ultra-poor through graduation approach built on top of community institutions.
- Develop a program design for implementation of action research in state(s) and help secure the approvals to implement.
- Enable convergence of various state initiatives (social security, livelihood promotion, financial inclusion, social empowerment) and programs towards the end goal of graduating women and their households living in ultra-poverty out of it.
- Support the implementation of action research of the graduation approach through a special project based on the strategy and design developed in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Conduct research and consultations with the respective state(s) to understand the target population’s needs and define the criteria to identify households living in ultra-poverty.
- Conduct research and consultations to extract best practices and challenges from ongoing implementations of programs targeting the ultra-poor including the graduation approach, and validate findings with key stakeholders.
- Manage the implementation of the action research program.
- Help review the progress of the action research periodically in order to iterate and scale.
- Support on the use of data and technology to ensure a continuous flow of data from the field.
- Travel: Intensively in state and designated districts/block/panchayat & as per the needs of the program’s goals.
Apply if you have:
- Experience in designing and/or managing multi-stakeholder development sector programs.
- Experience in programs designed around or with SHGs, Community Institutions, and State Rural Livelihood Missions.
- Qualification: Graduate, Post-Graduate
- Work experience: 12-15 years
- Written and spoken fluency in Hindi and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn continuously, collaborate, and be open-minded.
- Demonstrated ability to keep aside personal bias and do what is right for the community.
- Openness to stay and travel in deep rural areas.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying