India has become the 5th largest economy in the world, but ~360 million are “poor” (using Government metrics), and 145 million live below the poverty line. This inequity is unacceptable. About 3.4% of our annual budget or 0.28% of the income of the top 1% of our population would lift and could bring everybody above the poverty line, however, this is complex and we need the best of human intellects to be focused on solving it.
The/Nudge Foundation exists to alleviate poverty. We are a collective of some of India’s best leaders and entrepreneurs from across the industry, academia, government, and the development sector, passionately working on ways to address poverty sustainably and at scale.
In the five years since our inception, we have worked on a range of initiatives including developing innovative programs that enable underprivileged youth to lead flourishing lives, adapting evidence-based approaches to enable rural families to come out of extreme poverty, and incubating 60+ nonprofits focused on solving India’s biggest challenges. We have also used the knowledge and networks developed through our work to impact policy, address ecosystem barriers and launch scale programs.
We are now building on our capabilities and work to embark on an ambitious effort to nurture six to eight “social transformations” (i.e., using effective solutions to create pathways to scale that address the underlying problem; examples of such transformations include microfinance and the white revolution). These transformations (or “programs” as we call them) will be anchored in “centers” which will provide domain expertise, connection to the broader ecosystem, and thought partnership. The centers will also be thought leaders in their space and influence the broader ecosystem (including policy and practice). There will also be horizontal teams, e.g., Impact & Evaluation, Technology, and Data & Insights, that all the programs and centers will use. These teams will also be seen as exemplars in their space and will influence the broader ecosystem.
The Spirit of The/Nudge
Honesty towards our purpose | Empathy towards others | Continuous innovation | Focused on scale | Impatience towards our goals
In joining the Future Perfect team at the CSDE vertical of The/Nudge Foundation, you are joining
a team charged with ensuring quality interventions for the underprivileged youth in the country. You will be primarily working on an exciting initiative at The/Nudge that aims to build and deliver high-quality English training that would enable our students to find jobs and grow in their careers.
We are looking for highly energetic, passionate, and high ownership early team members. The team is outcome-focused, committed to ensuring a quality education for youth, and excited about creating English learning interventions that drive positive behavior and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are: collaborative, results-driven, love to improve, and have fun while working hard continuously.
This role requires you to focus on two core areas:
Managing content design and implementation
- Design engaging learning activities and self paced learning content that enhances
- Design and develop learning activities for adult learners using the human centred design
- Define learning outcomes, design course medium, content delivery, lesson plans,
assessments and other fun engaging educational content
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, roleplays, games etc)
- Frame instructional end goals and create content that matches them
Collaborating to strengthen product quality
- Work closely with the trainers to gauge an understanding of best practices in classrooms
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment
- Continuously and closely follow industry standards in e-learning and content design
- Conduct user testing in live classrooms to make evidence-based content iteration.
We are looking for people who have:
- A bachelor’s degree or above, in any discipline
- Proven work experience in instructional design and with instructional technology, creation
of quality audio/video/customized content
- Experience with working in curriculum and pedagogy and educational content creation
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Ability to translate ideas into projects with excellent interpersonal skills with written
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously